Prof. Dr. Daniel Thoma is the Head of Implantology and Regeneration at the Clinic of Reconstructive Dentistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- He graduated in 2000 at the University of Basel, Switzerland and was trained in implant dentistry and prosthodontics at the Clinic of Reconstructive Dentistry, University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- Was the recipient of an ITI scholarship and spent 1 year at the Department of Periodontics, University of Texas, Health Science Center, San Antonio, USA. Between 2008 and 2012, he was a full-time Senior Teaching and Research Assistant at the Clinic of Reconstructive Dentistry at the University of Zurich, Switzerland.
- In 2016, Dr. Thoma was a Visiting Associate Professor at the Department of Periodontology, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea.
- Since 2020, Dr. Thoma is an Adjunct Professor and serves as the Head of Implantology and Regeneration.
- His focus is on the comprehensive treatment of complex, partially edentulous patients applying all available options of reconstructive dentistry including dental implants.
- His main scientific interest is related to hard and soft tissue regeneration.
- He has published numerous scientific and clinical articles in these fields. Dr. Thoma is a Fellow of the International Team of Implantology (ITI) and member of Osteology Expert Council.