Dr. Eimear O’Connell ( lmplantologist, UK ) is leading the way for women in dentistry
- She is the first woman to ever be President of the Association of Dental lmplantology and works hard to promote women in dentistry in Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales
- She was also the first female dentist in the UK to gain her implant diploma from The Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Dr. O’Connell received her dental degree from the University of Edinburgh and she has run her own private dental practice in Edinburgh since 1996
- She received her MFGDP and FFGDP from the Royal College of Surgeons London and her Diploma of Implant Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. In 2014 she won a UK business award from Software of Excellence as well as winning Best Overall Practice in Scotland
- In 2015 her practice won Best Patient Care award Dr. O’Connell is an international speaker and she is especially interested in digital dentistry. She has been using CEREC technology since 2008 and believes the increased success of her practice has much to do with the implementation of digital dentistry
- The other mainstay of her practice is the management of dental anxiety. Using hypnosis and sedation has helped greatly with the treatment of phobic patients. She recently completed her PG certificate in Sedation.